Self-Guided North Bay Mattawa Snowmobile Tour Itinerary
Total Northern Ontario Distance: 436 kilometres
Download PDF of itinerary. View Tour Article.
Notes: Toll free phone numbers are included only when they connect directly to the hotel (as opposed to an off site reservation system). TOP = Trans Ontario Provincial; Club Trail = CT. Trails or lodgings may change from the time of my tour; please reconfirm info by using the contacts provided before departing. #ontariosnowtrails #gosnowmobilingontario #MattawaTravel #rideneontario
North Bay – Mattawa Ride One
Approx. 200 km + distance to staging lodging. Ride counter clockwise starting near Astorville on TOP D south, then TOP A101D & A east. Turn north on TOP A112A to Mattawa for food & fuel. Continue on A112A to turn south on BF 201 for food (& lodging), then proceed south on TOP A to TOP A102D west at Bonfield to cross Lake Nosbonsing via stake line for fuel & food. Turn north on TOP D back to starting point.
North Bay – Mattawa Ride Two
Approx. 236 km + distance to staging lodging. Ride clockwise starting on TOP D north at SSR 710 turning left on TOP A/D before heading east on TOP A102Q. Turn south on NB 308 and follow it to TOP A112A east to Mattawa for food and fuel (165 km from TOP D with no fuel, so start with full tanks!) Take TOP A west then turn north on BF 203 and north again on TOP A to TOP A1 west following Trout Lake stake line to TOP D and back to starting point.
North Bay – Mattawa Fast Facts
- Key Towns: Bonfield, Mattawa, North Bay
- Distance from GTA: 300 km (North Bay)
- Trailer Access from GTA: Highway 11
- Staging Lodging for GTA Riders: Travelodge North Bay Airport – Located on trail SSR 711.
- Distance from Ottawa: 270 km (Mattawa)
- Trailer Access from Ottawa: Highway 17
- Staging Lodging for Ottawa Riders: Mattawa Golf & Ski Resort. (on TOP A, east of Mattawa). Housekeeping chalets, on site restaurant, ample trailer parking.
- Trailside Lodging: Cedar Gables Lodge, Bonfield (on BF 201). Newly renovated inn with hearty breakfast provided.
- Other Activities: Downhill skiing at Mattawa Golf & Ski; ice fishing on Lake Nipissing, shopping and entertainment in North Bay.
- Contacts: Near North Trails Association; Mattawa Voyageur Country; North Bay Tourism.
- Maps Needed: OFSC District 11
Riders should reconfirm the routes and services mentioned in this article as they may have changed since publication.