Snapshot of 5 Quebec Snowmobile Tour Destination Favourites…
It’s a real challenge to choose the best Quebec snowmobile tour destination favourites. After all, I’ve enjoyed most every ride in La Belle Province. But many snowmobilers thinking of visiting Quebec for the first time ask me for a recommendation. So here goes…
These are five of my Quebec snowmobile tour destination favourites, listed in alphabetical order. Yeah, maybe I’m copping out by not picking a numero uno. But having snowmobiled all of these several times, I can honestly say that I’ve had great snowmobiling experiences in every one, every time. So your final choice may depend more on how much time you have. Or which one’s closer or most appeals to your ride group. Whichever one it is, you can’t go wrong!
For your information, I should also note that snowmobilers following my Facebook page ranked Gaspésie as their top Quebec destination in my weekly reader poll called “Have Your Say Mondays”.
Quebec Snowmobile Tour Destination Favourites
Each of these destinations has reliable snow and great grooming. What’s more, they all have good diversity of terrain and offer something special to make riding there memorable. This includes a considerable number of trail options and loops. Plus, they each offer plenty of snowmobile-friendly amenities and a unique Quebec snowmobiling experience.
This isn’t to say that other areas aren’t good too. But if you only have one time period available to visit Quebec this winter (especially if you’re a first-timer), these choices are probably your best bet. FYI, I’ve included how many days of riding to plan and my favourite lodgings.
No doubt, any one of these Quebec snowmobile tour destination favourites will keep newcomers grinning ear-to-ear and wanting to come back for more…
- Location: Western Quebec.
- Trailer Distance: Toronto to Témiscaming – 420 km. Montreal to Val d’Or – 525 km.
- Riding Days: 3 to 5 days.
- Trails: 3,700 km.
- Loops: Big White Tour (1,435 km), The Prospector (914 km), The Great Adventurer (1,000 km).
- Key Towns: Amos, La Sarre, Rouyn-Noranda, Val d’Or, Témiscaming, Ville Marie.
- Lodgings: Amosphere (Amos), Hotel Forestel (Val d’Or), Le Bannik (Témiscaming), Quality Inn (Rouyn-Noranda) Villa Mon Repos (La Sarre).
- Tour Articles: Abitibi Embraces Winter, Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out.
- Contact Info: Abitibi-Témiscamingue.
- Adjacent Regions: Outaouais, Lanaudière-Mauricie, Northeastern Ontario.
- Location: South Central Quebec.
- Trailer Distance: Toronto to Levis – 793 km. Montreal to Levis – 250 km.
- Riding Days: 3 to 5 days.
- Trails: 2,600 km.
- Loops & Itineraries: Sugar Bush Trails (355 km).
- Key Towns: Levis, Montmagny, Sainte-Marie.
- Lodgings: Motel Invitation (Sainte-Marie), Econolodge (Montmagny), Manoir Lac Etchemin (Lac Etchemin), Pourvoirie Daaquam (Saint-Just-de-Bretenières).
- Tour Articles: Double Hitter.
- Contact Info: Chaudière-Appalaches.
- Adjacent Regions: Centre-du-Québec, Bas-Saint-Laurent.
Gaspésie (& Bas-Saint-Laurent)
- Location: Eastern Québec.
- Trailer Distance: Toronto to Rivière-du-Loup – 981 km. Montreal to Rivière-du-Loup – 467 km.
- Riding Days: 6 to 10 days.
- Trails: 3,000 km.
- Loops: Bas-Saint-Laurent – Gaspésie Tour (1,920 km), Chic-Chocs – Chaleur Bay Loop (800 km), Chic-Chocs – Forillon Loop (800 km), Forillon Loop (375 km), Chic-Chocs Loop (420 km), Matapédia Valley Loop (710 km), Peninsula Loop (800 km).
- Key Towns (for Bas-Saint-Laurent – Gaspésie Tour): Rivière-du-Loup, Amqui, Pointe-å-la-Croix, New Richmond, Percé, Gaspé, Mont-Saint-Pierre, Matane, Rimouski.
- Lodgings (for Bas-Saint-Laurent – Gaspésie Tour): Hotel Universel (Rivière-du-Loup), Selectotel (Amqui), Hostellerie Baie Blue (Carleton-Sur Mer), Auberge La Table à Roland (Percé), La Délice Motel (Mont-Saint-Pierre), Riotel Matane (Matane).
- Tour Articles: Legendary Gaspésie, Heaven On Earth.
- Contact Info: Gaspésie, Info Gaspésie, Quebec Martime.
- Adjacent Regions: Cote-Nord, Chaudière-Appalaches.
- Location: Central Québec.
- Trailer Distance: Toronto to Saint-Zenon – 682 km. Montreal to Saint-Zenon – 149 km.
- Riding Days: 3 to 5.
- Trails: 4,800 km.
- Loops: Big Adventure (970 km), Adventure Tour (691 km), Rivers Tour (305 km), Lanaudois Tour (368 km), Around The Park Tour (400 km), Atikamekws Tour (437 km), Great Mountains Tour (200 km), Lake Taureau Tour (166 km).
- Key Towns: Saint-Donat, Saint Zenon, Saint-Michel-des-Saints.
- Lodgings: Auberge le Cabanon (Saint-Zenon), Auberge du Vieux Moulin (Sainte-Émélie-de-l’Énergie).
- Tour Articles: Sledding Cabanon, Day Trippin’ in Lanaudière.
- Contact Info: Lanaudière.
- Adjacent Regions: Mauricie, Laurentides.
- Location: North Central Quebec.
- Trailer Distance: Toronto to Jonquière – 1,018 km. Montreal to Jonquière – 489 km.
- Ride Duration: 3 to 6 days.
- Trails: 3,300 km.
- Loops: Péribonka (130 km), Summits Circuit (210 km), Mont-Apica (215 km), Fiord Route (500 km), Sentier de la Grotte 230 km), Monts-Valin Express (250 km), Grand Tour of Lac Saint-Jean (400 km), Lac Saint-Jean Circuit (262 km).
- Key Towns: Alma, Chicoutimi, Jonquière, Roberval.
- Lodgings: Delta Saguenay (Jonquière), Passion Quebec (Monts Valin), Hotel Chateau Roberval (Roberval), Hotel La Saguenéenne (Chicoutimi),
- Tour Articles: Snowmobile Paradise, Land of Giants.
- Contact Info: Saguenay Lac-St-Jean.
- Adjacent Regions: Charlevoix, Mauricie.
Quebec Snowmobile Tour Destination Favourites Summary
I can also promise you that once you’ve tried snowmobiling in Quebec for the first time, you’ll want to go back. And when you do, the good news is that there are plenty of other destination options to try.
So you can return over and over again and always experience something new. Either try others from my fav Quebec snowmobiling destinations list or discover one of the many others waiting for your visit. Bon voyage!
Like This Post? Follow Me on Facebook
The tips and advice in this blog are the opinions of the author, may not work in every situation and are intended only for the convenience and interest of the reader, who has the personal responsibility to confirm the validity, accuracy and relevancy of this information prior to putting it to their own use.